Thursday, August 5, 2010

Finally, back to work on Weepy!

I cut the side profiles and doors a few days ago. I used a jig saw for the sides. For the doors I used the circular saw and jig saw. I'll re-use the door waste to create the actual doors later.

Now is when I will do a lot of staring....and staring.....and staring. The planning stage of the inside of the cabin has to be well thought out, like a house. I don't want to add to it later. Build what I want now while it's a shell, that's my mantra right now, build what I want now...

The build plan I bought is a little, well, crappy. I'll use it the way I use most recipes or how-to's, purely for reference. The plan suggests that you don't spend a lot on tools, that you can get by using cheap stuff. Well, I can tell you this, that is just WRONG and you all know it. Save up a bit and get a good new or used drill, a good jig saw, a good tool. The fact is it'll last longer and that's what you want in any purchase, longevity, not el cheap-o.

The Tao of Leah says this, Tools aren't disposable, they're investments. Get what you can afford, not what you can squeak by with.

Think, think, think. Stare, stare, stare.

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment