Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cold Air and Dog Farts


It’s been quite cold some nights, in the upper 20’s and low 30’s. But, every time we get into the teardrop, within 30 minutes the temperature inside has gone up into the low 60’s. It’s amazing what body heat can do in a small insulated space.

The dog farts we could have done without. It’s quite horrible to be trapped inside a 5 foot by 6 foot space with a farting dog, not to mention the twitching, growling, booffing (that woof thing he does in his sleep) and running in his sleep routine.

So, I came up with a plan…. Currently, there is nothing on the tongue of the trailer. Most people build a box the width of trailer for extra storage. My thought is to build a dog sleeping space on the tongue.

Basically, an insulated dog house that would be 5’ wide, 30” tall, and 18” deep. I’d have to cut a hole in the front of the teardrop for an entrance, something small, around 1’ wide by 2’ high. I could make it complete with a tiny window or 2 with screens, because he does enjoy a nice view and I’m certainly not going to just throw him in a dark box (even though his stinky farts kinda make me want to).

More on this design when I get home…

No comments:

Post a Comment